August 12, 2009

5 Months Old

Dear Jared

You are 5 months old today. Daddy and I have had such a great time with you. We really enjoy seeing you learn, laugh, and play. We laugh at the new things you do, and find ourselves giggling in delight when we see you learn something new.

This month we got you your big boy car seat. You were about 2 pounds away from outgrowing your little infant seat and Daddy hated having to put you in it, so we went out and got you your forever seat. You look so little in it, but have tons of room to grow.

You started rice cereal this month too. The first couple days you ate like a champ. Then you caught on to the fact that it tasted horrible and every time I sat you in your highchair you scream and flipped out the entire time. I stopped for a few days, then Grandma told us to smash up a tiny bit of banana in the cereal, and so far that has helped the drama.  Now you eat like a champ.

You have become VERY vocal in this last month or so. You have learned to scream, screech, yell loudly, whatever you want to call it. You enjoy hearing yourself make noises. You have learned to spit rice cereal or whatever is in your mouth, because you like to hear the “booo” sound.

You love playing with your “whack whack” which is your little play gym mat. We have had to re-enforce the Velcro holding it together because you are so strong you pull it apart every time.

You have mastered the art of lying on your tummy and rolling to your back. You are VERY uninterested in going back the other way. But you do just lie there nicely staring at the ceiling fan.

We find you studying anything and everything that catches your eye. You love Daddy’s gold necklace and grab it whenever you can. You even missed and pulled his chest hair one day and Daddy screamed and you started crying. Woopsie. Lesson learned, hopefully by both of you!

I look forward to waking you up every morning to start our day. It is my favorite time, just you and me playing. You are in the best mood in the mornings and I find myself telling Daddy to sleep in so I can go get you. Who would have thought that I would every actually enjoy getting up at 6 am!

You are the best little baby in the world. If we were given a choice of who to pick out from heaven, it would have been you.

We love you so much!

Love, Mommy and Daddy.

DSCN0822

DSCN0827DSCN0826DSCN0840DSCN0839DSCN0835

1 comment:

The DeShazers said...

What a cutie-love the mohawk! I am able to head to girls weekend-last minute change in plans. Yay!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...