September 16, 2009

6 Month Check-Up

Jared had his 6 month check-up this afternoon.  Everything went fantastic since we have a new doctor.  We absolutely love her and had a much better experience with his check up then we did with previous ones.  J didn’t get his shots today because he is still a bit sick.  I will bring him back in a couple weeks for those.

STATS:

22.9 pounds   -   >97 percentile

27 inches long   –   75 percentile

18 inch head   –   90 percentile (That thing won’t stop growing!)

Based on Jared’s mobility, his rocking back and forth while in his crawling position, his “scooting” that he does, she is telling us that he will be a VERY early walker.  She even said he will probably be crawling in a couple weeks.  YIKES!  I just got prepared for his rolling, now I have to worry about him actually walking through the house???  I’m not quite ready for this.  Scott thinks it the most fantastic thing, but I kind of enjoy putting him in his play area and being able to actually sit down!

Anyway, he is doing much better with his “mama’s lungs,” but will have to be on breathing treatments for a long time.  We won’t have to do them every 4 hours, but we will have to give him one that keeps his lungs open, as a preventative measure.  Nothing has kept him from laughing, smiling, and moving around.  He’s fantastic and we love him more than anything!

PICT0267

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

glad everything went well and you are liking your new pediatrician!

The DeShazers said...

Yay! I am glad this doc is better for you :) Our guy is amazing and it makes all the difference in the world. Give our birth buddy lots of love from Grey and me!

Michelle Wing said...

I'm so happy you like the new doctor. I think that J is faking being sick so he doesn't have to get any shots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...