December 12, 2009

9 Months

Dear Jared,

My oh my, you’re 9 months old already!  I remember saying that I felt like we were stuck at the 3 month stage, where you didn’t do much but eat and poop.  Well, you have definitely developed many skills since then.

Most recently, you have upgraded your army crawl to a big boy crawl.  You have also started pulling yourself up on things, especially me and daddy!  You crawl over to us and put your hands on your lap and stand right up!  It made me a bit teary eyed the first time you did it!  You are becoming such a big boy and aren’t so much a baby anymore!  You LOVE pulling yourself up in your crib.  You have learned to stand with confidence, so much confidence, that you let go with one hand and start jumping and then crash and fall.  You get so excited when you stand by the couch, that you throw your hands in the air and fall over.  I still don’t know how you are going to walk, seeing as your feet are still thick and little.

You still have no teeth.  But I keep telling Daddy, that every kindergartener has teeth, so not to worry!  I turned out okay! 

You talk more and more everyday.  You’re favorite words are, in order “Dada,” “whoa whoa whoa,” and “Mama.”

You hate it when I get you dressed.  Not sure what thoughts Daddy put in your head about the clothes I pick out for you, but you scream and squirm like I’m torturing you!  You are impossible to get dressed.  You roll right over and crawl away from me.  It’s a miracle I can get pants on you without swearing!  But you are darn cute when you’re all dressed and ready to go out!

When you get excited to see Mommy or Daddy, you slap us across the face….back and forth, back and forth.  I guess you don’t quite know how to handle your emotions.  We are desperately working on being gentle.

Our house has been transformed in the last couple months since you have learned to crawl.  We are still trying to think of a way to keep you from the doggies water bowl, since you have deemed that your favorite.  You have been known to climb over the dog to get to her bowl. 

If we had the choice of who to pick out from heaven, it would have been you.

Mama gives you 8 million kisses.

~Love, Mommy and Daddy

DSCN1385

DSCN1387

DSCN1378

DSCN1408

DSCN1410

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

He is such an active little guy! Give him kisses for us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...