January 23, 2010

Ringworm is not from an actual worm.

At the end of last week we were plagued with what we thought was ringworm.  And when I say we, I really just mean Jared.  But I guess it kind of involves all of us since Scotty and I were the ones that had to rub some fungus treatment on it all day long.  J has since been named, Our Little Fungus.

Not sure where my pregnancy brain was, oh wait, I know, forming Baby C’s brain, but I went along with life on Tuesday morning and walked right into the babysitters house like I was actually going to be able to leave him there.  I thought it was a nice courtesy to tell the babysitter that J had a bout of ringworm, but not to worry, because we have been putting fungus treatment on it for days.  She looked at me with a slight sad face and politely told me that J was banned from daycare until this nice little fungus disappeared.  I took it in stride, left the house and started crying and panicking in my car as I drove to Grama’s trying to figure out a new daycare situation until this fungus goes away. 

I ended up taking the day off of work and the next two mornings as well, and Grama took him the the rest of the time.  Afterall, Grama thought that it was her cats that gave it to him. 

I brought J to the doc to see if there was some prescription medicine that could make this fungus disappear in a matter of minutes.  She looked at his scalp, and because the spot had gotten significantly better, she diagnosed him with only dry skin.  She didn’t think he actually ever had the fungus, since he is so prone to dry skin and mommy was being a deadbeat and not moisturizing his big head enough.  So I left with a prescription ointment anyway, and a note from the doctor stating he only had a lazy mommy who didn’t put lotion on his head and it was certainly not ringworm.  

So off J went, with note in hand, to the babysitter the next day.  The spot is still there, it gets a shot of fungus cream, and some lotion daily, while I wait for his prescription to get filled.  Braindead mommy left the prescription in her car for three days and now the pharmacy is out of it. 

I was going to take a picture of “the worm” which by the way is not really a worm, but just a fungus.  Anyway, but thought, who wants to see that?  And if you do, just google it.  It all looks the same.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...