May 9, 2010

Tree Hugging License

So my beautiful child has been having some intestinal difficulties over the past 5 weeks or so.  Well, not really difficulties for him, but difficulties for the person changing his diaper.  After much deliberation and convincing my husband, I have attributed his 3 nasty, disgusting diaper blow outs a day to drinking whole milk.  He was always fine on formula, but once he was full time on regular milk, his intestines decided to tell me they were pissed off.  Scotty has been spending the weeks trying to convince me that this is normal and just how he is going to poop.  Trust me, this ain’t normal for ANYONE!  So, I called the doctor, who trumps anyone else’s opinions, and she said that we should try soy milk.  He’s too young to be lactose intolerant, but we need to give his little intestines some time to heal, then we can put him back to regular milk and see what happens.  Scotty has been so pouty about this transition.  He is convinced that Jared will never be able to have anything with dairy in it for the rest of his life, and when his soccer team goes out for ice cream after a game, Jared will have to ask if the place serves special soy blends. 

I gave Jared his “special milk” today and he loved it.  Scotty sat down in his chair making hilarious comments the entire time about getting Jared his tree hugging license, and discussing the special soy drinks he will have to order at Starbucks now.  (Well, geez, I order special soy drinks at Starbucks…)  It is cracking me up that Scotty thinks Jared is going to turn into some tree hugging hippy, only drinking organic beverages, growing his hair long, and wearing Birkenstocks.  I don’t think we are going to have any issues in this house with any boy growing his hair longer than an inch :)  So, we will see how this transition goes for the diaper changer.  I am hoping this is a success!

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

I hope his insides feel better soon. It's no fun changing super yucky diapers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...