June 24, 2010

Baby Wrangling

Scotty and I survived our first outing with both boys.  We did need some assistance from Grama since I am useless to anyone and can’t lift anything.  Both boys had doctors appointments, so we scheduled them at the same time.  Everything went well, both boys are healthy, and Jared flirted with the doctor the whole time.(She’s blonde.)

Jake

6 lbs. 15 oz. 

He hasn’t gained anything from leaving the hospital, but the doctor wasn’t worried.  He is eating good and pooping good, so the weight will come back on soon.  He goes back next week for another weight check.

 

Jared

26 lbs. 1 oz. 

30 1/2 inches tall

19 1/4 inch head

He has gained about 2 pounds since December, but hasn’t grown much in height.  He has been on a steroid inhaler for the last 12 months for his asthma which can limit growth temporarily,  which could be the cause.  He can re-coop what he hasn’t grown now, since we were able to pull him off of it for the summer at least.  Or he could just be a late bloomer.  Who knows.  He must have my height.  But the doctor did say, based on his measurements, he will be about 5 feet, 10 inches tall.  Not too bad I guess.

Anyway, it’s way harder to get out of the house with two clean boys, dressed (Scotty and I too)shoes on, and a full baby bag.  I am so glad I don’t have to do these things on my own!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...