Having a toddler at Christmas is actually quite fun. I didn’t think Jared was really going to know what was happening. And, well, he didn’t. But he sure knew EVERY present under the tree was for him. Even though, some were for his baby brother. At least Jake got to take a short, two second glimpse at his toys before his brother brought them under his wing. It was fun watching him open all his gifts, and how we had to sneak each one away from him just so he could open another one. This boy has tunnel vision!
Phew. The tree is down. It actually stayed up a whole extra day so my Mom and Dad could see it in real life instead of just on Skype. My parents came up to celebrate on Sunday. We are on present overload now. Half are now hidden in the top of Jake’s closet, in hopes to bring some out in a month or so to “freshen up the pot” a bit.
Tip: The dollar store scotch tape works really well. One piece on this bag and even I couldn’t get it opened.
“Hewoa, Hewoa, HEWOAH!” You would think this talking phone would make him love it more than our real ones.
Not a chance.
Ooh, and maybe this laptop would make him love that more than mine.
Not a chance.
And maybe the cars JAKE got would actually be kept for Jake.
Not a chance.
I see a trend here, and it’s a bit greedy.
I didn’t have the heart to tell him the Big Wheels wasn’t for him.
(Just kidding)
Ooh, a new book…and not cardboard. MUST HIDE BOOK NOW…MUST KEEP PAGES IN TACT…MUST SPARE THE BOOK THE DISTRESS OF BECOMING PAGELESS IN A MATTER OF MINUTES…
Aah, the boys sharing. You should have seen it. Jared put salt and pepper shakers in the spinny section and the whole dining room reeked of pepper. Awesome.
Somehow my stocking was missing the can of silly string, and Jared was the one who lost the fight.
Thank you to Scotty’s Mom and Dad for hosting a fantastic Christmas. You both are always so generous with food, gifts and family. Thank you so much!
Christmas was a great day with way too many toys. Sensory overload for a toddler was in effect, and a good nap was taken by all. We had to rest up, you know, because my mom and dad were on their way the next day.
I had grand plans. Do my mom’s hair, go to breakfast and dinner on my dad, shop on my mom’s credit card, and get some free babysitting. The usuals.
This was the free babysitting (see below)
Seriously? At least Jake was still awake…watching TV. Wonderful.
Ooh, look how crafty I got for their Christmas presents.
Cool presents huh? I got all creative in between my bouts with the stomach flu and made stepping stones for my parents yard. Mom said “I will NEVER let anyone step on those.”
Okay, Mom, but that’s what they are for.
My dad and his little buddy. I think he would have taken him home if we would have let him.
My finger…it’s a comin’ to get you! I see that nose and I’m gonna get it!!!!
BAM! I gotcha! I’m diggin’ for GOLD!
(I’m really working on reminding him that we don’t pick other people’s noses. But I’m not making a good case when I keep asking him if he has any good Christmas boogers for me)
Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to visit us and spending Christmas with us. You both are always so generous and giving to our family and we wish you would just kick out those darn renters down the street and move into your house here!
We miss you!
Here’s to 2011!



1 comment:
Oh Ali, I'm so impressed that you made mosiac, printed stepping stones! Where do you find the time? I'm so behind on baby books, scrapbook, developing photos period. I feel guilty now!
Post a Comment