January 3, 2011

Inner “Cake Boss”

Instead of trying to learn to make cakes just from watching Cake Boss, I decided to take a class. 

I’m glad I did.

I thought I knew a lot.

I was just winging it before.

Now I know.  And knowing is half the battle.  

first class

Class 1

We learned to make our own frosting.  I will NEVER buy store bought ever again.  It is the most delicious thing EVER.

And actually quite cost efficient.

fool 2

Looks like I hit up too much frosting.  But it was good.

class 1 fish cake

Class 2

class 1 cupcakes

Class 3

class 1 final

My Final Project!

Next course:  Flowers and gumpaste. 

2 comments:

Jamie Swan said...

Very cool, Ali! All the mommies here make their own kids birthday cakes and they are beautiful! I couldn't even enter that arena for Wyatt's 2nd, I made cupcakes. I'm going to look for one of these classes over here because I'd love to know what I'm doing.

Michelle Wing said...

I started making my own frosting too. It tastes so much better and I think it is easier to use.

Where did you take the classes at?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...