March 14, 2011

Feeding an Addiction

It looked like Elmo exploded in our kitchen.  Do you even realize how hard it is to make “Elmo Red” from white buttercream frosting?  Hard.  Really hard, and for the amount of dye I had to put in that frosting, someone might get some sort of “red dye #3 disease” from it.

Wilton should really make their “red red” color renamed as “Elmo Red.”  I think a letter is worth it, don’t you think?

But it worked, and man, if Jared didn’t yell “Elmo” when he saw it, I was going to cry.  And stomp off.  In tears still.  Hiding.  He HAD to say it was Elmo. 

And he came through.  Yes he did.  And did everyone behind me hold their breath until he did?  I think Scotty was happier than I was that the boy recognized it.  Because I don’t think he wanted to deal with my “tude” after that.

IMG_2069

In hindsight, I would have made the mouth significantly bigger, and same with the nose.  But it served it’s purpose.  And it tasted damn good too.

IMG_2071

Both kids saw the Sesame Street wrapping on a present Grandma was holding up and I couldn’t get a picture.  So here you go Jared, in your baby book, this is your family picture you get!

IMG_2110

I hope Jake enjoys Sesame Street as much as Jared.  Because I just don’t think I have room for any other theme in my house.

PICT0026

True love from the first moment they laid eyes on each other.

IMG_2142

Ah, he can be sweet.  Maybe we should paint Jake to look like Elmo and he will start to love him again.

IMG_2146

Moments with Grandpa.  Their favorite.  Mine too.

IMG_2153

His “embarrassed face” was just the same color as Elmo.  Priceless.

IMG_2191 IMG_2185   IMG_2188 IMG_2189

IMG_2196

He didn’t touch his 1st birthday cake or his 18 month birthday cake.  Maybe those should have been red instead. 

Off to the bath we go go!

Thank you to Grandma and Papa for hosting a wonderful birthday for Jared and for the amazing prime rib!

Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for your generosity in gifts and for coming up to celebrate with us.  It’s so much better than Skype!

Thank you to all the family who came and helped feed Jared’s addiction to Elmo.   We are all truly blessed with our family.

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

I think your cake looks EXACTLY like Elmo. You did a really good job, looks professional to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...