April 3, 2011

2 Mobile Boys

We haven’t had much going on around here except for our countdown to Vegas.  After yesterday’s “day of crying” from our first born, (and I mean, ALL DAY…crying, whining, head banging on walls, hurting his finger and crying more) Scotty and I sat in the hot tub counting the days until we can relax and play.  We had a minor injury with Jared yesterday.  Scotty and I  were out gardening yesterday and Jared climbed into his stroller.  So I rolled it out to where we were and he sat in there all proud.  Then I walked away and Scotty was doing something, and apparently he stood up in the stroller and it fell backwards (he was also facing backwards) and he fell with the stroller.  He bit his tongue and somehow his finger got smashed and scraped in the middle of the mess.  Half of his middle finger is swollen, bruised and bleeding underneath his nail, and just overall horrible looking.  He cried all day holding up his finger saying “hand, hurt!”  He got lots of cuddles from his guilty feeling mama.   He had also woken up on the wrong side of the crib and was just in ridiculous mood all day with a bad case of the whines.  Even being in the bath didn’t help him.  He cried the whole time and normally he LOVES his bath!

IMG_2363

IMG_2286

(not taken yesterday)

IMG_2335

(neither was this one)

IMG_2337

(or this one)

IMG_2329

But he was in a good mood.  God couldn’t give me two children with a bad mood in one day.  That just wouldn’t be fair.  And life is fair you know. IMG_2343

Jake crawls everywhere and gets into everything.  He LOVES the water bowl for the cats and the dog.  When I call his name, (first and middle) he turns and looks at me with an innocent face and then smiles, and then will usually turn another way and get along with his adventures.  So far he has been listening pretty well.  He doesn't like to be left out of anything.  If we are in a different room than him, he comes crawling down the hallway and joins us in the bathroom or the bedrooms.  He has to be a part of everything, just like his mama :)

He is eating everything.  I make him the same foods as Jared (if they are finger foods).  He prefers to feed himself and doesn’t really want baby food anymore.  He loves grilled cheese, peas, fruit, french toast sticks, pancakes, and diluted apple juice.  He has mastered the sippy cup and can drink it while sitting up.  If any food falls on the floor, courtesy of his brother, he is the first go go over there and eat it up!  He has also been known to eat fuzz or carpet pieces, so we have to do a mouth check if I see him chewing something while he is on the floor :)

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

Poor Jared. Give him a kiss and snuggle from me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...