I spent half of Memorial Day weekend in Novato with my Mom and Dad. It was the basic weekend of spoiling for me and the boys. We shopped a lot, ate lots of good home made food and heard Jared say “grandma” and “grandpa” for the first time.
On Friday morning, we went and saw my Grandma in the old people’s home. Instead of hanging out in the living area with everyone (the old ladies scare me) we hung out in her room, where the boys basically destroyed it. They had a grand time playing with her picture frames, toilet paper rolls and her walker. Grandma didn’t mind at all and I don’t think she even took her eyes off of the boys. This was the first time she saw Jake. She got to hold him too. She was having a good day. She seemed to really know what was going on and was just so happy to be there with the babies. Jared was a little shy but by the end he went up to her and she was able to kiss his hand.
We got home and had to do the high chair pictures. My dad has kept his old high chair from when he was a baby and has been keeping it around to get pictures of his grandkids in it. Our mission was finally complete and my mom is glad to get it back in storage now instead of keeping it in the spare bedroom :)
One of my long time friends from high school came over on Saturday with her husband. She is due with her first baby (a boy!) on 11-1-11. (Awesome due date!) She’s been such a great friend to me for so many years that I just wanted to show her how much I appreciated our friendship, so I invited her and her husband over and I gave her a HUGE bin of baby gear that we have outgrown. She got a bouncy seat, a Baby Bjorn, a playmat, a breast pump, the list goes on and on. I love being able to help friends, since so many people have given to us over the years. We had a great evening of sharing stories and laughing, and my mom was excited to get some good gossip from one of the best.
I had a wonderful time in Novato and can’t wait to go back. Thank you mama and daddy for watching the boys and letting them destroy your house! They can do some good damage in just a matter of minutes!
Sorry Michelle, that I couldn’t make it up to your NEW house! I had such a quick trip, but I will come up soon, I promise! Wish I could have seen Zoe Jae too, Jen.



1 comment:
love the pic of all of you with your grandma!!
jared looks like such a big boy without his mohawk! I love it :)
And I love the high chair pics...that thing looks like it's in great condition!!
Post a Comment