The boys were so excited to get here and play with Uncle, Auntie, Do Do (Drew) and Joshy, and of course Grandma and Papa. We got organized in our room, which by the way, Scotty and I are sharing with the boys! I have slept in the same room as Jared before, but never both, and Scotty never has! Scotty promptly blew up his air mattress and slept in the living room :) Jake sounds like a yappy dog when he sleeps. Every 10 seconds or so, he makes a squeaky little bark. It's weird, but I think he is just congested a bit. Thank goodness that sound didn't last all night.
Grandma and Papa took the boys on the boat the first day so they could get used to it. They loved it and didn't complain at all. They were so exhausted from all the attention and fun that they took over 2 hours to fall asleep. Jake was so overly tired that he did the whole "screaming hysterically unless you are holding me" bit. I'll tell you, that was enjoyable :) I figured since they went to bed so darn late that they would sleep in, but thank you Babywise, they were up at 6:00. Thank you Daddy for rescuing them from the room so I could sleep a tad bit longer.
We spent yesterday on the deck, playing with the hose and then went swimming. We went swimming before lunch and both boys really enjoyed their time in the water. Jared actually was able to keep himself upright in his life jacket all by himself! I was so proud and you could see the excitement on his face when he was swimming without us holding him! I am just so amazed at what he has learned in his swimming lessons.
We went on the boat in the afternoon and I actually got up on the wakeboard, but desperately need to work on my form, because today, my body hurts so bad that I walk like I'm 80 years old. I think I may skip today and try again tomorrow.
The kids are having the best time. Joshy, Drew and Brendon are having the best time and helping out so much with their cousins. Jared could care less about hanging with Mommy and Daddy :) Jared is glued to Auntie Sandi on the boat and sits with her the entire time. It's great to be able to relax a bit.
Jared enjoyed people watching.
Playing with Cousin Do Do (Drew)
I wakeboarded! Man, am I sore today!
Jake loved the water.
Jared learned how to use the squirty guns! He had fun shooting us.
Getting Daddy wet!
In a squirt gun war with Do Do.
Jared and Mommy. He swam by himself shortly after this!
Jakey has been so good. He's on antibiotics again for his ears and for a bug bite on his thigh...after some nasty diapers and some vomit he's doing well!
Jared made sure to go to Do Do's tent and yell "Get up Do Do!" and then climbed in to play.
Jakey walks the whole deck with Buzz.
Jared and Aunti on the boat singing ABC's.
Mommy, Jared, Auntie Sandi
He finally wore his sunglasses! We could not get him to do it, but Joshy could!
We went out on the boat after dinner, and it was about 7:30 pm at this point and he was getting exhausted and cuddled with Auntie.



1 comment:
We can't wait to come and visit!!
Post a Comment