When Jared was born, my brother went right out and got him his first STRIDER bike. Although we are leaving the actual bike riding teaching to Daddy, it was fun to have my brother show Jared how this special kind of bike works. It’s a bike made for toddlers and doesn’t have peddles. It’s made so you sit and move the bike around with your feet, and then there are little pegs you can put your feet on and practice balancing. It’s supposed to help you learn to ride a bike very early. And in my family, bike riding is a big thing.
Anthony explained that he HAS to wear his helmet when he rides. No exceptions. Even in the house. I couldn’t get Jared to get his helmet on without him screaming but when we were there, he put it on himself and took his bike all through the house. He even loved the helmet so much he played outside with it on, with no bike in sight.
After playing with some of the most random things my parents have in the backyard, he went on to pick up some apples that fell from the apple tree. I have to say, the apple tree is one of my favorite things in that backyard. It is/was the only tree I ever climbed. I think it even housed a tree house at one point? Not sure. But there are some fun memories of making home made slip and slides on the grass, but forgetting to pick up some of the apples and realizing how bad it hurt when you would slide on the slip and slide with an apple underneath! My mom would make home made apple pies and applesauce too. I remember having to help cut the apples and sometimes a tiny little worm would come crawling out! Also, my brother’s fish Herman, is buried there and I think he may still have a tombstone there too.



No comments:
Post a Comment