October 29, 2011

Halloween, 2011

Halloween is becoming increasingly more fun each year.  As the babies get older, they can do more activities and start to understand it all.  We have planned to do a big Halloween weekend this time, instead of spreading it out over the month.  Mostly, because we keep putting off going to the pumpkin patch every weekend :) 

We carved pumpkins yesterday.  Scotty had to finish them after I almost cut my thumb off.  It still hurts today.  I’d like to give a shout out to New Skin for allowing me to function today.  Anyway, Jared enjoyed seeing the triangles (eyes) of the pumpkins and Jake loved walking around with a spoon and dipping it in the pumpkin guts and trying to eat it.  Don’t try and take his spoon away, or he will cry like a little girl.  And by girl, I just mean screaming.  He’s been doing a lot of that lately.  It’s fun.  And by fun, I mean not fun at all.

Then we took the boys to a Halloween Costume Contest at the Bounce House place here in town.  I was sure one of the boys were going to win.  Jared was the only Elmo and Jake was the only lion and they still didn’t win!  The contest wasn’t really ran very well and I think the mom of the winning boy voted over and over again for her own kid.  So I call shenanigans on the whole thing.  Oh well.  The boys were exhausted and Jake threw up on his way to the car.  Thank goodness it wasn’t in one of the bounce houses!!

IMG_4844

Scotty cut the tops off the pumpkins and worked with the boys in scooping out the goo.  Jared got the hang of it pretty quick but was uninterested in actually touching it with his own fingers.

IMG_4842

Jake doesn’t let anyone do anything without him being a shadow. 

IMG_4845

IMG_4847

They both got in there and helped scoop!  Jake got a hold of the spoon and the scooper and wouldn’t let go.  That was fun.

IMG_4898  Jake kept putting the spoon in the goo, and (not picking anything up) and trying to eat it.  This kid eats everything!!

IMG_4852

Then he found the candy buckets and said “hats! hats!” and put them on the pumpkins.

IMG_4853

Then I took the scooper away for a minute and he walked across the patio to throw a tantrum and cry into the wall. 

IMG_4856

I wrangled them up for a picture but neither of them wanted to care.  (Notice the scooper in Jake’s hand?)

IMG_4870

Since Jake wouldn’t give up the scooper, Jared got his shovel and started scooping.

IMG_4873

Jake then got hungry again.  Double fisted this time.

IMG_4875

Jared’s pumpkin was done!  Then I cut my finger on Jake’s.  Oopsie.

IMG_4909 IMG_4903

The boys and their pumpkins!!

IMG_4943 IMG_4934

Elmo and the Lion at the Bounce House costume party. 

And the weekend continues…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...