June rolled around (how could it!) which meant the Fishing Derby was here! We signed Jared and Daddy up for some bonding time. The local hatchery fills up the local park’s creek with tons of fish, starve them and then let all these kids catch them. There were prizes for the biggest fish, tagged fish and something else I think. Clearly, we didn’t win. We caught something the size of a goldfish :) And as much as I wanted to catch and release it, or toss it right in the garbage, the darn thing made it in it’s plastic baggie and into our car and then into our fridge! Thank you Grandma and Papa for your love of eating fish.
Next year Jake! You get to fish!
The fish was cleaned and decapitated before Jared got to touch it. Not sure what he thought about where the head was. I was afraid to ask him.
Until next year!



1 comment:
How fun! Looks like the boys had a great time.
Post a Comment