October 29, 2012

It’s Almost Halloween!

After an epic meltdown 10 days ago when we bought the pumpkins and informed Jared that we weren’t cutting them that day, it was a breath of fresh air to finally tell him that TODAY was the day we were going to make Jack-O-Lanterns.   And when I say epic meltdown, I mean, 30 minutes of severe crying, coughing, almost vomiting and some screaming thrown in.  All before we actually got the pumpkins.  Stellar day, I tell you.  Stellar.

Jared got to choose every shape for each face part.  He had been thinking about it for weeks.  And with drawing pumpkins every night at home, he definitely had an idea in mind.  IMG_9338 IMG_9339 IMG_9340 IMG_9341 IMG_9345 IMG_9349 IMG_9351 IMG_9352 IMG_9356

And this year, they were both excited about the “goo.”  Thank you to every show on Disney that discusses carving Jack-O-Lanterns.

IMG_9361 IMG_9362 IMG_9363 IMG_9364

Jake can’t decide if he is a lefty or a righty.  Today = Righty.

IMG_9365 IMG_9366 IMG_9367

IMG_9371

Only 2 major meltdowns because we wouldn’t let them use the knives.  Other than that, it was actually quite fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...