Christmas Eve was a little different this year. I had to work. And work late. We were the one business in the Carson Valley that felt that it was 100% necessary to spend the money to pay employees than to close at 2:00pm. The entire town closed at 2, yet we were open. Open for business. Open for new accounts. Open for Safe Deposit Box usage. Open for rude members to yell at us on a holiday. Open.
I took a 2 hour lunch to see my family, but it wasn’t the same. I didn’t eat dinner. Well, wait, I did eat dinner. On a plastic plate on my kitchen counter at 7:00. Cold. Not my idea of a great Christmas Dinner, but it is what it is.
I missed the boys getting a gift of “coloring boards” from Grandma and Papa. But I got to watch them color and enjoy them when I was there.
Never again and I spending a Chrismas Eve working. I have already scheduled the week off for 2013.
Drew Drew was showing us the important lessons he has learned in life from his Dad.
Saying Good Bye to my babies.
Later that night, after our childrens were tucked soundly in their bed, and mild threats were thrown out about getting out of bed, the gifts were set up and we finally realized how over indulged out little toddlers are. Oops.
Stay tuned for Christmas morning…



1 comment:
Holy presents!
Post a Comment