June 25, 2008
Am I too old for this?
Tomorrow, Scotty and I are going to Wild Island Water park with Scotty's mom, his sister Sandi, and our two nephews, Joshy and Drew. It is Scarselli Elementary School Day there and we all get in for like 8 bucks or something cheap. We do this every year as a family. Last year, I took Joshy under my wing to make sure he would go on all the slides. I called it "No Fear Day." Well, little did I know, he already had no fear, and all the fear was in me. It wasn't so much the sliding down the slides that was scary, but the landing in the water with a nice water enema that really did me in. I swear, every slide did this to me, and I come out limping. Joshy kept laughing at me and begging me to go on all these slides over and over again, and reminding me of my own motto "Aunti Ali, it's No Fear Day, remember?" He was cuter when he couldn't talk. So I am going to try and make this more of a sun tan day, rather than a climb up way too many flights of stairs, slide down and slide, and get a nice blast of water in you know where day. I think I have grown out of the fun of water slides. It was fun when I was 10, but now at 28, it has lost a little something. I'll let you know if I get away with suntanning only. Probably not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love your stories! It's like I'm right there and I can see you coming out of the water limping! I'm laughing so hard right now! I hope that you have a fun day and I can't wait to see lots of pictures.
I find that a lot of things were more fun as a kid, now they just hurt.
Thanks for the laugh this morning. I shared your story with my co-workers and we are cracking up!
I think you should spend the day on a tube floating around on the lazy river. It would be even better if you could have a cocktail in your hand while doing it!!
Post a Comment