September 23, 2008

Very Unfulfilling

I had my 17 week appointment today. The last two appointments have been somewhat unfulfulling. I guess I was spoiled in the very beginning with a 5 week ultrasound, a 9 week ultrasound and a 13 week ultrasound, but now the appointments are so super quick that I feel like I need more. I understand listening to the heartbeat is all good and everything (It sounds like a dog barking....Scotty wasn't too enthused that I called our baby a yappy dog), but I am a visual person. I need to see things to feel excited about it all. I have been feeling so good lately that I forget I am pregnant some moments and I guess I need to see it on the screen to believe it again. I have been anxiously awaiting finding out if Baby C is Baby Boy C or Baby Girl C. I told the doctor that I am trying to practice patience, and that is very difficult for me. I can't even sit still without moving or doing something else. But anyway, the doctor said everything is going fantastic....blood pressure is good, heartbeat is good....even the size of my belly is right on target. (Phew! Thought I was bigger than I should be, but we have decided as a family that I am so short that I only had one way to grow.) I am only up 5 pounds in 17 weeks, which makes a pregnant woman very happy. For once, my metabolism is doing something right! One of these months though, I am sure they are going to say I gained like 11 pounds, like Tori Spelling did on Tori and Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood. If I get that, I am going on a diet.
So all in all, this pregnancy is teaching me patience. We are finding out the gender on October 17th! Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...