December 21, 2008

Long Saturday

Yesterday, Scotty and I went to the hospital in Tahoe to do an all day childbirth class. We saw some nasty videos of births that I never need to see again, had a pediatrician come in a speak, learned about EVERYTHING that would happen at the hospital, and when it is an appropriate time to go to the hospital. We took a tour of the hospital which was cool, but kind of scared me a bit. It made everything so real. The maternity ward is pretty small at the hospital. There are only 7 rooms, and it is quite cozy. It does feel real homey there though, which is nice. The rooms aren't as roomy as I imagined, so I have a feeling it is going to get crowded real quick, one doctors and nurses are in there with Scotty and I. But all in all, we learned some interesting stuff, and most importantly, I really don't think my body will ever be the same again. Tear.

After a real long day in Tahoe, we drove home and rested for about an hour, and then we were off to a Christmas party for my work. I was in a slightly bad mood, as I couldn't find anything that would fit me, that wasn't work clothes that I wear every day, and I was super uncomfortable since we were sitting at a desk all day at the class. But we made it there, I had a nice tall glass of diet coke, we ate some homemade lasagna and exchanged our secret santa presents. My secret santa was my boss, Brynn, and apparently she is tyring to coax me into working longer because she spent way more on my present than we had established for our secret santas. I felt bad, but it was nice getting some cool stuff. Scotty and I didn't stay too long, as we were approaching 9 pm and I was still awake! We left as everyone was taking shots and I came home and went right to sleep. Now today, I am off to go Christmas shopping and to stuff some stockings for the family.

Happy Holidays!

Yes, we do have only one boy working at the bank. We had to turn the "make-up" room back to the boys bathroom.

3 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

You are looking so fantastic! I can't wait to see you and the belly soon.

The Stiles Family said...

You look great.

Enjoy your Christmas...your last Christmas without a baby. How exciting:) You have so many magical moments coming soon.

mommyreview.com said...

You look super cute if it's any consolation, I know it's hard to feel cute when you're coming out to there :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...