
"It's the end of the world as we know it...." All Scotty does is walk through the house singing this song. He'll sing it to the cats, to the dog and to me. I keep trying to tell him it's really the beginning, but he chooses to not listen. He comes home from work and looks at me, and says "Still pregnant, huh?" "No, babe, I actually had the baby this morning, but didn't want to bother you at work..." I can tell he is super excited these days. He is not one to be very excited about things until the very end....like when we were getting married, he didn't talk about it much until a month or so before. Now, he (and myself) are anxiously awaiting, yet he is WAY more nervous than I am. He is trying to convince me (and the doctor)to wait to have the baby until the CRT testing is finished at school. He really needs to be there to get his students prepared, but I told him it wasn't really my choice! His co-teacher even bribed me with a fantastic scrapbooking kit! (Well, it wasn't really a bribe, but a fantastic present!) Scotty is trying to get all his IEP's done for his special ed students before the beginning of March, since he won't be there to give them. It has been a ton of work for him this last couple months, but he's a champ and getting it all done so he can enjoy our little boy...whenever he shows up! So, yes babe, it's the end of the "couple world" as we know it...but the beginning of the "family" world we've been waiting for for 6 years! Love you, Scotty!




2 comments:
We're the exact opposite! Bill is super excited and i'm scared to death! We'll get through it together though:)
xoxo
Best of luck these next few weeks! I'm thinking of you!
I'm going to agree with Scotty, it's the end of the world!! However, this new world is pretty exciting and full of a lot of fun adventures!
Post a Comment