February 1, 2009

The start of something new

Tomorrow starts day 1 of maternity leave. I have been looking forward to this day since I got pregnant. I have never been gone from work for more than a week at a time, so it is going to be very interesting once I get back. I have Brynn emailing all bank updates as they come up so I am not clueless come May with all of our lending changes, deposit changes, rates, promotions, etc. It is horrible to be work in the bank when you have absolutely no idea what's going on! I have big plans for my "vacation." And yes, I do consider this a vacation. Anytime one is not at work and still getting paid, that's a vacation, well, at least in my book. I have to pick up some organizational tools for Jared's room and the house, have to drop off some paperwork to the property management up here for my mom and dad, stop by our other bank to have them fix my online banking, meet up with someone from my networking group to drop off some brochures, get my old formal dressess dropped off to a consignment store, call my insurance company to see if they cover the rental of breast pumps, buy a crib sheet for the pack and play, pick up a filter for our humidifier, get our taxes done and go to my doctors appointment. Now, I don't plan on doing this all this week, but it is nice to have a list of things that need to get done. There are a ton more things that need to be done, but I am going to pace myself. I don't want to go into early labor! I even plan on walking everyday, well at least to the end of the street to get the mail. So, all in all, I am very excited about the upcoming few months. I think I am really in a nesting mood already. I hope that doesn't mean the baby is coming anytime soon. I'm not quite ready for that. Anyway, life won't be too exciting here for a while, but updates will happen as I clean a new room in the house.

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Enjoy your mini vacation! You forgot to mention that you're going to talk to me daily and watch all the tv shows that you normally can't!!

Michelle Wing said...

Yippee! Going on maternity leave before the baby comes in the best thing ever!! Have fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...