2 pregnancy tests
5 ultrasounds
1 blood transfusion
288 days
and 1 cesarean section later...
We proudly present
Jared Scott Colato
March 12, 2009
8:45 am
7 pounds 5 ounces
20 inches long
Jared finally came into this world yesterday via scheduled c-section. He was born in South Lake Tahoe, CA. He is doing fantastic! He has already learned to nurse and has figured out where his lungs are(at 3 am by the way)! His daddy and I have fallen in love with this little miracle. He melts our hearts even when he's crying! He's already got Scotty doing everything he needs or wants! As for me, I am doing much better today. After being drugged up on morphine for 17 hours, my IV blew out and my arm started filling up with fluids. Once that was out, they took me off of the pump (not very fun) and put me on regular pain pills. Once I woke up today, I was informed that my hemoglobin dropped dangerously low and my second blood transfusion was scheduled. I spent the late morning with 2 units of blood, then the late afternoon with the other 2. I am finally "wire free" of any IV's, leg circulation wraps, blood pressure moniters, etc. It is a great feeling! Scotty takes me on walks through L & D with Jared every couple hours and I am feeling much better. It won't be long until we are home and trying to figure Jared out. It will be hard knowing that we can't just hit the "nurse" button on the bed whenever we need something! We've had tons of visitors in the last two days and more to come tomorrow.







4 comments:
I'm glad that Jared is here and you will get to go home soon. He is very cute.
I can't wait to come and see you and him next weekend. I'm happy to hear you are doing well. I'll take care of him all day while I'm there if you want so you can get some sleep!
I'm so happy to here you all are doing well. Jared is so cute! Isn't it amazing? Take care & enjoy every minute!
Congratulations Ali. Jared is so cute. I look forward to hearing about all the memories Scotty, Jared, and you will make together. Juliette and Jared made it a day apart from one another:)
Post a Comment