March 1, 2009
Hang on, Chuckie.
So Scotty runs outside to check to see if the windows are closed in the car, and sees this poor little dog walking down the street in the rain, in the dark, limping and coughing. Scotty is such a softy for animals, that he goes across the street, picks him up and brings him to our garage. This poor little dog has such a bad cough, is wheezing, hasn't eaten and keeps falling over. We quickly put down a blanket, give him some dog food and water, which he eats right away, and then I get the phone to start calling the numbers on the tags that are on him. The first one is for an animal shelter in Southern California. Someone there answers right away and I give them the information on the tag. Apparently, the dog is 20 years old, and has been reported as "moved" back in 2003 and the shelter only has the name of the owner, but no address. So then I call the number on the other tag which is for the shelter here in town, and they have no record of this dog at all, nor does the name of the owner come up in their system. The worst part of all, is that no one can come pick him up until Tuesday, and I can't even go drop him off at the shelter because they are closed tomorrow. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this poor dog is so old and he is very sick. He keeps walking in circles and falling over. It's so sad. I called my friend who used to work at a vet and she told me to call the vet tomorrow and I should be able to drop him off so he can get some medicine and they will take care of him until the shelter can pick him up. So for now, poor Chuckie, is staying in a crate in our garage, next to a space heater with some food and water. Hopefully, he doesn't die in our care. We feel so bad for this little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You guys get bonus points for taking care of poor sick animals! You're going to be great parents!!
It is so sweet of you to take in an animal in need, especially when you could pop any second! :o) I'm sure Chuckie appreciates you more than you know.
Something is wrong with your blog, or my computer! I can't read any of your posts! I hate it because I know you've posted and I'm bored in the hospital and can't catch up on your life.
Post a Comment