March 2, 2009
Chuckie's back....with his owner
I didn't sleep well all night thinking about poor little old Chuckie asleep in the garage. We set him up in a crate with blanket, but him near the space heater and left him some food. I think I was up two or three times to check on him to make sure he didn't die. I got up bright and early, well, 8:30 am, and started calling the vets in town to see if I could leave him there. They all told me no, they dont' take in strays, and I would have to pay for it if I wanted him checked out for his cough. I told them I wouldn't pay for anything, but they were nice enough to look up the owners name and the dog's name in their database to see if we can track down a phone number. The second vet I called had all the information, so I quickly called the owner and he came right over. He had no idea Chuckie was even gone. Who leaves a dog that small and that old outside in their backyard when it's raining? I was kind of mad that he didn't even know that his dog was gone, but happy to get Chuckie back home and out of our care. Chuckie was so comfy in his little crate that he didn't even want to get up when his owner came. So, crisis averted. Bye Bye Chuckie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Let's just pretend that Chuckie has a nice comfy warm puppy palace in his owners backyard and that is why they didn't know he was missing.
Post a Comment