March 4, 2009

Yeah, I'm still pregnant.

~40 weeks~

So, today marks week 40 of this pregnancy. There is still no sign of our little one making his appearance anytime soon. It is sad when the doctor walks into the exam room and his first thing out of his mouth is "you're still pregnant?" I have been waiting patiently for 280 days, and I told Scotty that at 12:01 am on March 5th, I will start to become selfish. Of course we haven't had any snow here since Christmas day, and starting last night we got a huge blizzard. Scotty told me a couple times that I wasn't allowed to go into labor because of the snow and we have an hour drive over to South Lake Tahoe. I told him I would do my best to keep the baby in. I must have done a good job, because I woke up this morning and there was still no baby. We will see how the baby looks in a week and then we will have to take some drastic measures to evict this child from my womb. So, yeah, I am just going to sit around and wait, read the baby book again, re-pack my hospital bag again to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and just hope that Jared decides to show up on a non-blizzard day.


2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

You fixed it...I can read it.

Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for you till at least 4 more days...then you'll have all my sympathy:)

He'll be here before you know it and you won't even remember waiting!

I'm thinking about you! Keep us posted. Hurry up so I know someone else is suffering those 3am feedings with me:)

xoxo

mommyreview.com said...

Come out Jared, we want to meet you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...