Jared had his first swim lesson yesterday. Scotty’s mom and Scotty took Jared to the swim center here in town to teach him what to do if he falls in the water. I was at work during this, which was the best place for me, as I was panicked the whole time that my baby boy was going to drown. After the lesson, they brought him to me at the bank so I could see that he was still alive and still smiling, and to show me the video they took of him. I kept gasping when I watched it every time he would put his face in the water. But alas, he is alive, well, laughing and probably has no memory of it at all! I don’t think I could actually go see him do this in real time without some heavy sedation so it’s good that I have to work. Basically, his lessons now are just to teach him that if he were to fall in the water, that he quickly flips on his back and then paddles to the edge.
When they first got him in the water the lifeguards were watching intently since J was in the water without floaties or a life jacket. But once they saw that Grandma knew what she was doing (she used to teach babies to swim when they lived in LA) then they relaxed a bit. But the ugly stares did not stop with a family there that couldn’t believe we had a 3 month old in the water without a life jacket, since all their kids had floaties. Oh well. But everyone else did think he was darn cute…I agree.
Not too sure what he has gotten himself into







2 comments:
He doesn't look very happy:(
Do you really think he'll be able to roll over and swim? He can't even roll over outside of the water. Looking forward to girls weekend to see our little fish in action! I might have to take notes and practice with H if it works!!
Post a Comment