June 5, 2009

Schools Out For Summer!



Today marks the last day of school for Scotty until late August. He gets a few days rest then he is officially Mr. Mom, all day, every day. It will be nice for him to be home because he does all the things with Jared that I never have time to do. He does tummy time multiple times a day, goes on long walks, and reads books to him. Whenever I'm home, the moment he is done eating, I have to do some laundry, clean the living room and kitchen, clean his room, and of course, check Facebook and update our blog. I never seem to have time to do the educational things with the baby, so I am glad Scotty will be home to take care of that. Well, he is a teacher for goodness sake, so it's only natural that he does that stuff. So yeah, it sucks that every day I will be getting up to go to work all day and Scotty will be packing the kid up to go on a walk and then to the swim center. All the fun will be had by them, and I'll be sitting in front of a computer writing about it all. Oh well. So Scotty is excited (well, I think so) to be at home, (after he has gotten the appropriate rest from the school year) and I think it will be weird for me to not be nearly as involved as I have been. I have been trying for months to convince him to write on our blog about being a stay-at-home daddy. He hasn't agreed yet, but I think I can convince him. So, we will see....we will see how long it takes for the novelty to wear off!

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

Let the fun begin!!

Bill and Paige said...

Daddy's on duty!! Good luck...Bill does not envy you one bit. He would die if he had to stay at home with Hayley.

Scotty,
Pretty please blog about your experience. It's going to go by so fast and one day you'll be glad you can look back at this and either laugh or cry:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...