Over Memorial Day weekend, I took Jared to Novato to visit with my mom and dad. Since we were there, we took Jared to meet his Great Grandma. My mom visits her daily (she’s in a board and care facility) and has been telling her everyday that I had a baby. Grandma doesn’t remember stuff too much, so we tend to tell her things over and over again. She can’t remember my name, but she has no trouble remembering that I had a baby. I have not seen her face light up so much, as it did when I brought Jared to her. She was so excited to see him and she sat holding him and couldn’t stop talking to him. I haven’t heard her talk that much in years! She couldn’t remember his name, but that’s okay. She tends to call him Jerry. She calls my nephew, Jeremiah, Jerry all the time. I’m not the least bit offended! She’s 90 years old so she has an excuse! We took tons of pictures, since I don’t get down there too often to see her. I even took some video of Grandma talking to Jared, but that wouldn’t be at all interesting to anyone who reads this, so I won’t bore you with it. I am so glad she was able to see him and talk to him. Hopefully, I can go back and see her in a couple months. I haven’t seen her so happy in a long time!

~4 Generations~
~Mom, Grandma, Jared~
~Grandma was so excited to see him!~

~ My favorite picture. He wouldn't let go.~
4 comments:
That is so terrific! I love how old people just light up when they see babies, it's cute.
That is so terrific! I love how old people just light up when they see babies, it's cute.
Don't you just love to see their faces. My grandma's were the same way...they talked and their faces lit up They have no idea who we are, but that's okay. So glad you were able to visit.
Love the picture of your mom and grandma with J...their faces are exactly the same.
That is the sweetest picture-it must have been a wonderful day for her!
Post a Comment