January 12, 2010

10 Months

Holy cow!  You’ve hit the double digits!  I am amazed that there are only 2 months until your first birthday!  I can’t even believe it!  This has been a HUGE month for you! 

You have learned to pull yourself up on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!  You have become a pro at walking with your little lion push walker thingy.  You get so excited when you are walking with it! 

You got your first tooth this month!  I was SO EXCITED when it popped through I think I told everyone!  I even think the baby tooth next to it will be popping soon too.  You have to know, it’s a big deal in our house when it comes to teeth!

You love to open and close doors.  You are known to slam the door when Mommy wants to walk through it.

You love the door stops in the house.  I don’t quite know what the fascination is, but you must love the noise it makes and that you can hit it really hard.  When I stop hearing things, then I know you have gotten the door stop out and are chewing on it.  We have removed quite a few of them already.

You love daddy’s robe belt.  If I drag it across the floor, you will follow it like a cat would his toy.

You will not feed yourself.  You much rather have Mommy or Daddy shove food in your mouth.  And, if we are too slow, you yell.  We work on your self-feeding skills every day at every meal, by putting the food in your hand, and moving your hand to your mouth and then Mommy claps really loudly and says “Good Job!”  Hopefully, one day you will connect those and realize you can feed yourself.

You are learning what NO means.  You are normally very good at obeying, but if you are tired though, you throw the biggest temper tantrum if we say NO.  You give us “the lip” and start to cry, then put your head on the ground and hit your hands and feet on the ground.  It is REALLY HARD for mommy to see you like that, and I get a bit teary eyed and want to go hug it out with you, but I know I can’t, because then you will walk all over me for the rest of your life.  And that is not going to happen if I can help it!

You love water even more then I thought you could.  You know when Mommy or Daddy is in the shower, and you stand at the shower door, open it up, and try and catch the sprinkles of water in your mouth.  It gets really cold for us with the shower door open, and you get soaked, but you are so happy doing it!  Most of the time, I just put you in the shower with me or Daddy, because you just sit by the drain playing with it.

We have finally been able to lower you dosage of your asthma medication.  Hopefully, the symptoms don’t come back after we do that.  But we will see.

So your new little brother or sister must be sucking the brain waves from my body because Mommy forgot to take 10 month pictures of you this time.  So this post is pictureless.  But don’t worry…Grandma and Grandpa are here this weekend and there will be lots of pictures to be had!

I love you tons and tons.  If we had the choice of who to pick out from Heaven, it would have been you.

Mama gives you 8 million kisses.

Love, Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

happy 10 months jared!

I can't believe he doesn't self feed...that's the only time I get stuff done. You need to give him some good stuff to get him used to it...I would start with a churro or something:)

Michelle Wing said...

The babies are growing up so fast. I can't believe they are going to be a year in 2 months!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...