Last year Scotty and I spent New Year’s Eve in labor and delivery all day while I got a blood transfusion for my severe anemia. As we sat there, well, me laying there, we discussed how different the following year would be, and how life is going to be so much fun and different for us when Jared arrived. Well, here we are, one year later, with a 9 1/2 month old, very active, very talkative, very much an attitudy boy, that we just can’t get enough of. Well, maybe some moments, we could have enough, but that is what Grandma is for, right? This year, I worked, and Scotty was at home with J all day, exhausting himself and tapping out at 7:30 to go to bed. It is just amazing to me, that every year is so distinctly different, and gives me a moment to think back on our year.
As I reflect back on this year, I am so very thankful that the transfusion helped me get through to the end of my pregnancy, that the delivery went well, and that Jared has turned into such a wonderful addition to our family. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who jumped into parenthood with both feet and no fear, and has been so deeply involved in Jared’s everyday life. We have such great family, near and far who have helped us along the way. We are so deeply excited about adding to our family in 6 months, and knowing that 2009 and 2010 have and will bring us two of the best gifts we could ever ask for.
Happy New Year to everyone and thank you to everyone who has been a part of our life! We love you all and couldn’t imagine our lives without you!



1 comment:
Happy New year! I guess the days of partying all night are behind us:) Hope you have a great 2010!!!
Post a Comment