August 2, 2010

Read My Mind

Every week, since I was pregnant, Babycenter.com would send me an email with a link to their site about what week of pregnancy I was in and what to expect.  Now that the babies are born, I get the weekly updates about what I should expect from my toddler and newborn.  Well, after my last post about my “Attitudy Rudy’ I received an email about my 16 month old from Babycenter.com.  And what was the topic you may ask?  Tantrums.  It’s like they read my mind.  Everything they described is exactly what Jared is doing.  It gave me reasons as to why he is acting out, such as the fact that he understands what we are saying, but he can’t produce the words in response therefore makes him very frustrated, in which he acts out by hitting or yelling. 

Although I got responses from my mom and friends about how normal this is, I still have anxiety that my child is all alone in his tantrums, but alas, he is not, and is completely normal.   He has been redeeming himself lately, though, by sitting on my lap and cuddling with me.  He is listening better and a lot of the time I can talk him out of his ugly mood.  He will walk over to me and lay his head on my lap…he sure knows what to do to make Mommy feel better! 

On another note, Jake slept 4 1/2 hours last night without losing his mind and begging for food!  Of course, I still woke up at 2:30 expecting him to cry…and the sweet child waited an hour before he needed me. 

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

Next time Andrew loses his mind, I will record it and send it to you so you don't feel all alone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...