January 29, 2011

2nd Time in 2 Years. Seriously.

Hiring a sitter is expensive.  And there is only so much “advantage taking” you can do with the Grandparents.  They don’t stay up late anymore.  So if we want to go be adults and have ourselves a grilled cheese dinner in a casino (with a pickle too!) and see a funny lady make fun of celebrities, then we need to find that old, dusty checkbook and pay someone to keep our kids alive for the night.  (I don’t think Annaliese would have appreciated me telling her that she would receive her check in 7 to 10 days via my bill pay) Yes, you can even pay the babysitter with the Bill Pay!  Yes, I just gave a shout out to my bank.  Got to sell that Internet Banking.  We sell relationships, not accounts.  Okay, moving on.  Guess I am still in manager mode. 

kathy-griffin

Now don’t tell me you don’t know who she is.  Trust me you do.  She says thinks like…okay never mind, I can’t say it because it’s bad.  Really really bad.  And raunchy.  But funny and true!  Any celebrity in her path is eligible. 

Tickets were bought, grilled cheese was eaten, stories were shared between Scotty and I as we waited for the show to start.  Mind you, we haven’t been out on a date since like before JARED was born.  Oh, wait, we went out once by ourselves.  We had a dinner reservation.  But that’s it.  Depressing, isn’t it?

It was a great date.  We laughed so hard tears were falling. 

IMG_1778

The boys hung out and watched Elmo with the dog. 

IMG_1787

Jake chewed.  And chewed.  And chewed. 

IMG_1788

I don’t think Scotty has seen me in jeans for years. 

And I am just going to save my mom a phone call right now…

Yes,  mom.  My hair is blonde.

No, mom.  I didn’t tell you on the phone the other day.

Yes, mom,  I did it myself. 

Now, off to see Legally Blonde, the Musical today!

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

I love your hair! It looks so good. Maybe next year at Girls Weekend you can do everyone's hair!!

Bill and Paige said...

I like your'e hair too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...