March 1, 2011

2 Years

Dear Jared,

You are 2 years old.  I can’t believe it.  Daddy and I were sitting the hot tub thinking about how we have kept you alive for 2 whole years now!  Go us! 

You have become such a boy.  Your vocabulary has grown tremendously and you shout out new words and sentences every day.  Daddy and I are amazed at your communication skills and are so excited when you learn to say something new.  You have picked up quite a lot of us though.  You tell the doggy to “stop it!” when she is trying to get your food.  You also say it to your brother if he is crying :)

You know what you want, and when you want it.  I think that is the theme for a 2 year old.  You wake up asking for Elmo, Abby, Cookie, Big Bird and Oscar.  We always have to tell you they are “night night” and you yell back “no night night!”  They make you smile so much and I find myself staring at you watching them, instead of actually watching Elmo myself.  I get giddy when I see you try and sing along.  They are all you ever want, well that, and milky and a blanky.

You are a great big brother.  Most days.  You are not liking it that Jake can get to your toys.  But everything is so new to you now so I know it’s hard for you.  You have your moments of pure love with him.  You will sit on my lap in the mornings and spoon feed Jake.  You even handed him your Elmo camera to play with.  And I didn’t even have to ask you :)  You two will have such a close relationship growing up.

You still LOVE Skype.  Some nights we try and find someone online to call because you sit at the computer yelling “Hewoa, Hi! Hi!” until someone appears on the screen. 

You still rock your signature Mohawk.   It’s part of your personality.   And even your brother is getting enough hair for it.  And yes, I hear the sighs coming from both sets of grandparents :)

You are the joy in our lives.  I look at you in amazement everyday.  I can’t stop embracing that fact that you are ours, and watching you learn, get so excited about things, and even your tantrums just stop me in my tracks.  I love watching you grow every day.  I love sharing with everyone all the new things you do. You make us so happy.

If we had the choice of who to pick out from Heaven, it would have been you.  In a second!

Mama gives you 8 million kisses.

IMG_1865

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...