June 25, 2011

Big Boy!

I begged for it not to happen, but Scotty won!  I didn’t think Jared was ready for a big boy bed, since he wasn’t even attempting to climb out of his crib now…and I just didn’t want to deal with it!  But alas, we did it, and I have to say, I was deeply surprised at the results. 

Jared slept his first night in his bed with no problems at all!  He was so excited about it that he didn’t even eat dinner and just asked for his bed and Augie (his monkey.)  After dinner we let the boys play in there and Jared was literally bouncing around and knocking into things.  He was so excited and was jumping around, throwing his blankies and pillows on the ground and falling on them.  I had a strong feeling that he wasn’t ever going to go to sleep that night because of his excitement. 

He slept all night and only got out of bed once.  We walked him back to bed and talked to him and he cried for a minute and then he was fine.  Then he laid there and fell asleep until the morning.  I was so surprised and so excited for him that we cheered in the morning with him!  I am so proud of him and how he is maturing. 

IMG_3185

His crib converted to a bed.

IMG_0750

Daddy giving Jared the “stay in bed” speech.  It worked!

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

Yeah Jared! I'm glad he did so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...