August 2, 2011

Corley Ranch

Jared and I met up with the Bertucci’s at the Corley Ranch a couple weekends ago.  The Corley’s are long time Gardnerville residents that have a very well known ranch in town, and hold many events there, including the annual Harvest Festival and pumpkin patch.  I have known the Corley Family for years and they have been the sweetest people I know.   They were holding an event to raise money for the American Cancer Society, so they had a petting zoo, horse rides, miniature golf, and train rides.  We took a train ride and tried some miniature golf.  We pet the horses and ran through their pen.  Once Jared found the girls (blonde by the way) he forgot who I was. 

IMG_0822

Jared and I on the train around the Corley Ranch.

IMG_0818

We were playing in the pen with the ponies and he wanted to climb.  I saw this was going to be bad so I had my camera ready.  He got as far as this and then started yelling for help.  No permanent damage done.  Thank you Pampers for a little extra junk in the trunk. 

IMG_0824Jared found the girls and starting playing “basketball” with them.  (Everything is basketball if it has a ball.  I blame Scotty fully for subjecting Jared to hours of Laker basketball.)  The girls were great to him.  After their game, they sat at a little toddler table together chatting.  The embarrassment kicked in when I had to take him kicking and screaming so we could leave. (His embarrassment, not mine.)  Apparently I ruined his “game.” Get used to it honey.  It’s only the beginning. 

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jamie Swan said...

Great fundraising idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...