The kids are getting tired of watching the Kardashians with me in the mornings, so we have been venturing out to do different things. We have a this great duck pond within a 5 minute walking distance from our house and I just don’t go there enough. Maybe it’s because we never have enough stale bread in our house because our kids are pigs when it comes to carbs. But anyway, yesterday we did so we walked in the heat, well I walked in the heat and pushed 60 pounds of baby in the stroller.
The boys had fun. They were eager to break free from the leashes of the stroller so I showed Jared how to feed the ducks. He took that on and enjoyed himself and then I showed Jake. I gave him some duck food and he promptly ate it (don’t worry mom, it was only french bread). I tried to explain that there were hungry and mean ducks in his area and he should be sharing but he walked away. I tried again and he ate some more. Oh well. A girl can try to culture a kid right?
Oh and when I was telling Jake about mean ducks I wasn’t kidding. One jumped the barrier and basically tried to eat right out of Jared’s hands. Or that is what I liked to think he was doing rather than just trying to eat Jared in general. I contemplated grabbing both kids and running, but heck, they are heavy. So I shooed the duck away with my foot and threw some food far off so it would follow the bread trail. But we survived and no permanent damage done.
Oh yeah, Jake’s sporting his mohawk now.



1 comment:
Andrew loves going to the duck pond! That's nice it is in walking distance from your house.
Post a Comment