November 3, 2011

Mice

I took Jared allergy testing in September because he has had problems with his Asthma since he was 2 months old.  We were curious to see if there was something in the house that he was allergic to, or if he will hopefully just grow out of his wheezing. 

I ventured out to Reno with Jared in tow (Grandma had Jake, thank goodness!) and we met with the allergy doctor.   After the procedure, which didn’t include any needles or we wouldn’t have done it, we found out Jared is allergic to mice.  Didn’t even know they tested for that, but the doc said that mice will get in your garage in the winter, pee, and then the pee crystallizes and then you track that into your home.  Gross.  I hate mice and now I hate my garage even more.  But it went well and we were surprised at the results.  He is now back on his steroid inhaler to keep his wheezing down and he is doing well. 

IMG_0763

He did well waiting for the doctor.

IMG_0767

This was his back during the procedure!  I had to make sure he didn’t itch any part of it or touch his back to anything. 

IMG_0769  Afterward, Jared got to go to the mall, got a cinnamon pretzel and lemonade, and got to play with Baby Cash.  He loves Baby Cash so it was a nice treat for him.

1 comment:

April said...

How weird that they test for mice! That was one thing they didn't test me for. Maybe I should go back! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...