November 10, 2011

Less Free Time

I recently (like Monday) went back to work full time after being one of those “stay at home” mommies for 4 months.  I don’t do either very well.  I mean, I don’t do well working 50 hours a week (one of the reasons I left in the first place) and I don’t do well being cooped up on my house with my “twins” all day.  So I have a nice balance back.  A 30 hour job, a mile from my home, a HUGE pay cut perfect for this time in our lives (insert sarcasm here) but more importantly, I have or will be a more stable working mom for my family.  I will be home at the same time every night, I will be home to spend time with the family BEFORE the babies go to bed (something I missed a lot of before) and the job is virtually stress free.  Oh, hey, I might even cook a dinner or two, but let’s not count on it.  It’s a job I can do with my eyes closed (except for when I’m counting money.)  It’s a good balance for me and an excuse to wear all my cute work cloths that have been in the top of my closet for 4 months gathering dust. 

In the mean time, we are establishing an different routine.  Basically, it just means I don’t stay in my sweats until 10 am anymore.  We are up and out, lunches made, hair combed and all that good stuff by 7:45 in the morning!  Yikes.  Hopefully, after my 2 weeks of training in Carson, I will have more time in the morning.  Anyway, so far so good.  I haven’t come home crying yet.  And based on my last job, that is HUGE.

So, in the mean time, the boys are thriving and fighting.  But are pretty perfect.  Jake just started brushing his teeth.  When I asked him if he wanted to, I literally have never seen him run so fast to come sit down!  It was cute and now he runs to the bathroom like brother does and gets to sit on the top of the toilet and brush like a big boy!

IMG_4977 IMG_4973

Then, for times sake, we have been putting the boys in the bath together.  But usually, one (Jake) is always crying and whining because the other (Jared) stole his toy.  But Crayola made these great (albeit messy) bath crayons that keep them busy and not yelling at each other.  And make a great snack for Jake.  (Yes, Mom and Dad, that means he eats them too.  I know, gross.  I had a talk with him about it.  His mouth was red.  Whatever.  He’s still alive.)

IMG_5062 IMG_5047 IMG_5050

This one needs a hair cut.  Bad.  IMG_5055

This is how Jake spends his evenings.  LOVES his Dog Dog.

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

I'm so glad you found a job. I still can't get over the color of that bath water. Are you sure the kids were cleaner when they got out?! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...