I have to do it every year now. Last year we got a picture with the boys and Santa, so now I have established a tradition. And of course, I waited until the very last possible moment for this. I check our mall website and it said Santa would be there at 9 am during the week which was perfect since I didn’t have to be at work on Friday until 11. So I conned Scotty to go with me and we dressed the boys up and drove 25 minutes to the mall, only to see a cute little sign saying “New Hours: 11-7.” Can you guess my reaction? Scotty was sweet and asked if I at least wanted to go to the fabric store that was in the mall, hoping to alleviate my anger. I did want to go, but I know he really didn’t want to watch the boys for 45 minutes while I decided on which fabrics to buy. We went back to the mall this morning and got there about 20 minutes early to ensure being first in line. And we were and were in and out with a few bribes of cookies from a bakery in the mall. Keeping these boys in line was not an easy feat. Should have brought the stroller!
The boys were less than thrilled and I couldn’t say or dance or do anything to wipe these expressions off their face.
The day before, when we left the mall with no Santa picture, we went to McDonald’s to have some yogurt and play time.



No comments:
Post a Comment