February 20, 2012

Happy 8-40! Yikes!

Another year came and went and now I am 8 very short years away from 40.  And yes, with my negative attitude about life, this is exactly how I think about it.  I’m closer to 40 every day of my life.  But it’s a good life with 3 guys that are just perfect for me.  I planned to go eat my weight in salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden, but scrapped the plans last minute to go to a college favorite, Chili’s with Scotty AND the babies.   Have I mentioned the boys have never been out to eat for dinner? My mom and dad have taken me and the kids out for breakfasts before, but Scotty has never been!    So when he mentioned that he was willing to bring the babies out somewhere after nap time, I jumped at the chance to have a beautiful family dinner with a little bit of queso and a big margarita.   The boys were perfect and I think I even heard Scotty mention that he might do this more often!  Jared ate his chips and salsa, grilled cheese and French fries and lemonade.  Not even watered down lemonade.  It was definitely a treat!  Jake didn’t eat his quesadilla but was all over Scotty’s burger.  He ate about 3/4 of a slider.  And wouldn’t let go of the full strength lemonade.  Might I add he was screaming in his crib for about a half hour when we put him down due to the sugar rush.  It was a good birthday and now Jared can officially say it’s his birthday next. 

(Pardon the poor quality of the pictures.  I wasn’t about to bring my Canon to Chili’s to capture the moment.  Our iPhones had to do.)

IMG_1081

Happy car ride to Carson

IMG_1092

No watered down juice at Chili’s!  IMG_1088  Waiting for Mama’s margarita!

IMG_0081IMG_0092

He’s happy as long as his meal has ketchup!

IMG_0097 

Happy Jake eating Daddy’s dinner.

IMG_0083

No sippy cups for my almost 3 year old!!

IMG_0084

Jared enjoying his water and Mommy enjoying my non-skinnygirl margarita!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...