March 16, 2012

Mama’s Gonna Cry

Jared had his first day of preschool yesterday.  Just one day a week.  That’s all I can handle.  I wanted to cry the whole time!  He was being a big kid, almost listening the whole time.  He sat on the magic carpet with some blonde girls that all of a sudden he wasn’t shy around.  We learned about shamrocks, we counted to 20, we sang the ABC song, and we even made a leprechaun craft.  And I say we, because Grandma and I went with him.  At Auntie Sandi’s school, every Thursday in their library, is preschool library time.  You have to be 3 to be there.  Since that happened this week, we were there yesterday!  Grandma is normally going to bring Jared there every week since I usually work, but it was so wonderful to be there the first time.   This is exactly the type of environment I wanted to get him in, since I don’t dare do crafts at home with him.  Having a 1 year old try to get involved just makes it overwhelming.

 IMG_1187We got to school a little early to see Auntie Sandi.  Had to go into my secret stash of cash to buy him a book at the book fair :)    IMG_1191Sitting on the magic carpet with Grandma.  I’m in the back texting like all the other mom’s.   IMG_1194

Listening like a big boy!!

IMG_1195

Working on our patterns.  Such a fun thing to do and easy to do at home.  I should try it.

IMG_1196

IMG_1197

The finished pattern.

IMG_1198

Notice who he’s looking at?

IMG_1199

Working on our “P’s”  Make a line and give it a belly!

IMG_1200

First time using scissors.  Is he going to cut his fingers off?  Grandma didn’t even answer me.  Guess not.

IMG_1201

IMG_1202 IMG_1203

With his Leprechaun project!  I tear up when I see it.  It’s his first school project.  Already taped it on the wall, out of reach.  Told Scotty to make room in the garage because I am going to become a school project hoarder.  No joke.

Jared is still talking about going to Sandi’s school.  Can’t wait for him to go back next week. 

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

How fun! Looks like he is having a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...