June 20, 2012

A Wicked Good Time

It happens like once a year.  When Scott and I finally break, and before checking into an Insane Asylum, we decide it’s better to just run away for 24 hours, sans kids.  And it was a good choice.  Picture it.  A 2 hour drive, with NO KIDS.  A beautiful Hyatt Regency, with NO KIDS.  A nice lunch of a $20 tuna sandwich, with NO KIDS.  A nap and some time logged in the sun by the pool.  And to top it off, I stayed up WAY past my bedtime to see, for the second time, Wicked!   It was better the 2nd time around.  Maybe because this time, I wasn’t smooshed in my seat, pregnant, with a baby kicking the entire time.

We slept in the next morning, (gasp!) and drove home.  Even stopping for some Starbucks.  A good man I have.  A good man.  It was good to go away, but good to come home.  Except for Jared telling me he wanted to live at Grandmas.  

wicked 3

The face of a happy girl on her way out of town!

wicked 2

A happy man eating with his hot wife!

wicked 1

Faces of two ecstatic people with full bellies just about to take a nap!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...