September 2, 2012

My Little Divo in Training

My little Jake.  He’s had a pretty good life so far.  He’s been in a helicopter, an airplane and now on a TV show!  He better appreciate me when he’s older! 

About a year ago I wrote a letter to The Doctor’s tv show and thanked them for a show that I watched.  One of the segments was about decoding coughs and one of the coughs they talked about was croup.  They played an audio of the sound and I had never forgotten that.  I thanked them because when Jake got so sick last year, I had remembered the show and what I had learned and that helped save his life.

I received a call from a producer at The Doctor’s and they loved the letter I wrote and wanted Jake and I on the show.  So days later, we were on a flight to LAX, and having our Hollywood experience!

I brought Brynn with me, because she is into famous people stalking as much as I am, and she travels a lot more than I do, so she helped me tremendously with the airport travel.  Thank you Brynn!!

We left Thursday night after work, with  Jake in tow.  IMG_1552 IMG_1553

He had a grand time at the airport, and survived the TSA agents taking his Bunny Foo Foo and Baby (aka blanket) for a explosives search, since me and my stroller failed two tests for explosives.  That  was a real treat getting the ultimate pat down by a stinky fat lady behind a curtain at the airport.  No woman should be touched like that in public.  That is all.

IMG_1554

 IMG_8746

After landing in LAX, finding our driver, getting to the car, only to find out they had an UNINSTALLED BOOSTER SEAT (made for 4 year olds) I lost it.  I called the producer and he was furious at the car service and made some phone calls and said a car seat was on it’s way.  An hour later, we got one.  Then had to install it. 

We got to the hotel at 11:51, checked in and ordered some waters from room service since they close at midnight (which never showed up.)  The crib wasn’t in the room, so that took another 45 minutes to get, so poor, poor Jake, slept in his stroller until 1 am.   I sent Brynn down to the bar to get us some skinny margaritas, and we sat in bed and ordered room service for the next morning.

IMG_8748

Somehow, our breakfast bill was $60.  Did I mention we got free room service too!  Anyway, our driver was back the next morning at 6:30 and we were off to Paramount studios, stage 30!  We saw the Hollywood sign which was awesome, and kept looking for famous people on our way.

We got into our dressing room and were met with the producer, make up and hair people, and met Mark Walberg (the game show host.)  We had all we could eat fruit, bagels, cookies, coffee, soda, and  juice.  It was great!

IMG_8749 IMG_8750  IMG_8752

names

Our names were on the wall!

IMG_8753

After hair, makeup and wardrobe! 

IMG_8754

Jake was a little ancy but did great!

IMG_8755

Brynn was dressed and waiting for her segment!  She got on the show too as a contestant on a game show!  You will have to watch and see!

IMG_8757

After the taping was over, they offered us makeover’s with the stylists at Paul Mitchell.  We met Angus Mitchell (Paul Mitchell’s son!) as he was doing a makeover for a guest on the show. IMG_1559 IMG_1560 IMG_1561 IMG_1563 IMG_1567IMG_1564 IMG_1565

Jake was a champ, and charmed everyone.  He walked around, ate some snacks and laughed and played.  Although we were late for his nap, he rallied!

After our makeovers, we waited for our driver in the Paramount lot.

Dr. Phil shot right next to us!

IMG_8758 IMG_8759 IMG_8760 IMG_8761 IMG_8762 IMG_8766 IMG_8767

We ordered free room service again!

IMG_8768 IMG_8770

Poor Jake was exhausted!  IMG_8771

Next on our list was a walk down Hollywood Blvd and the Walk of Fame.  We did some shopping and Lisa came to see us!  We didn’t last long since Jake was acting like a 2 year old :)

IMG_8774

IMG_8777

IMG_1582

The next morning, we flew back to reality and were so tired!  This is Jake in baggage claim.  He was happy to be home.

 

Tune in September 10 to The Doctor’s season premiere!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...