February 17, 2013

Don’t Bite the Dentist!!

6 Months came around fast this last time.  Jared was champ last time at the dentist so I didn’t worry a bit about him.  Little Italian I did though.  We talked for weeks about what a dentist does and how we say AHH!!! and show him our teeth.  We talked extensively about biting the dentist and how that is a NO NO Naughty!!!  I think he got it.

We drove to the dentist, got out of the car and Jakey’s first words were “No bite the dentist!!”

Finally, something I say is sticking.

I prepped the dental assistants to be careful with him since he is a hit and miss with his attitude.  They called him Superman and that was all it took.  He complied with every request they made.  Amazing I tell you, amazing.  IMG_2025 IMG_2026  IMG_2028 IMG_2029 IMG_2030 IMG_2032

 

Then there was this guy.  This is all the pictures I got because I had to put my phone down to pin him down to get someone to take a 5 second, $150 look at his teeth. 

The boy cried like he was getting tortured.  He kicked.  He screamed.  He cried.  He yelled.

I took him to a corner and gave him my whispering angry voice to try and scare him into submission.  I asked if he wanted a toy and he said no.   Nothing worked until Grandma and I pinned him down.

 IMG_2027

This is Grandma talking him through it before I took him and talked him through it like only a Mama does.  With bribes and time outs.

IMG_2033

All in all, Jake had a great appointment and Jared’s was a waste of good insurance.   I am already prepping that kid for July’s appointment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...