January brought a giant business expense. Good for our taxes but it means I have LOTS of shirts to make in the mean time to pay it off!!
My dear, sweet husband finally lost it. He opened the cabinet in the kitchen and found spools of thread. He opened another cabinet and found my hot glue gun. He went to grab something out of the hall closet, you know, something appropriate like a towel, and found an entire shelf of fabric. He would go into Jared’s closet to find some clothes and he would see some adorable pink ruffly clothes with flowers on them that were clearly not his.
Jake’s closet has pillow forms on the floor. He loved it, Scotty didn’t.
Then there was the garage. The moment you would walk out, you would see about 7 bins. None of them closed or lined up nice. All opened for easy access, lids thrown everywhere, bags of new fabric that hadn’t been sorted yet, laying next to the bins, and assorted shabby flowers thrown around that my kids had gotten into.
Every weekend, at naptime, I would run out to the garage, grab the handfuls of items I would need, pull out my iron, ironing board, fabric, sewing machine, embroidery machine and take over the kitchen. Like seriously take over. And if a kid woke up early, I was screwed.
This Woman Cave was just going to simply be closed in storage. Where Scotty doesn’t have to see my 7 bins thrown around the garage. But Brent doesn’t do anything simple. The morning he was here I was told this was a full functioning CRAFT ROOM!!!! Complete with an entire wall of countertops, 3 cabinets, a wall of shelving, it’s own power and lighting source, and a natural light. I stopped thinking about how much it would cost and started thinking about how much this is going to help!!
Walk out to my garage from the laundry room and you will be met with my office, sewing room, craft room, hiding place, what have you. But it’s mine and almost all complete!!
Now I don’t have any finished pictures. So you have to wait. I have way more organizing to do and kind of ran in there as fast as one could and started working. It got some paint, but needs some color, and some more shelves above the counter tops.
But I LOVE it and so do the boys. I should have laughed at myself when I said the boys were not allowed in there. But they love Mommy’s Sewing Room and bring their trains in there and play while I work. That works for me!!
Stay tuned for the final product…



No comments:
Post a Comment