May 13, 2013

Out of Control Easter Decorating

Pinterest is Scotty’s guilty pleasure.  He must secretly have an account on Pinterest because he comes up with some stellar ideas! 

Last year’s egg dying was an epic failure.  I wasn’t about to try that again.  So in a pure Colato fashion, we took to grocery store crafts and loaded up a plate of shaving cream and colored that with food coloring.

The idea of this egg dying is that you swirl colors through the shave cream then run your eggs through them, and then let them sit.  The color that is in the cream seeps through and dyes the eggs.

 IMG_2184 IMG_2185 IMG_2186

While the eggs were “developing” I gave the kids a huge bag of plastic eggs and paints and stickers.

They ended up more colorful than the eggs.

IMG_2187 IMG_2188   IMG_2191

 

IMG_2192

It really does work!IMG_2189
Although, I am not sure it was any cleaner than the original egg dying.

IMG_2212

2nd year in a row he’s turned into a smurf.

IMG_2190IMG_2193 IMG_2194 IMG_2197 IMG_2199

Please don’t judge us.  We live in a great housing community where everyone knows our kids on our street.  So I wasn’t TOTALLY embarrassed when my boys ran around out front shirtless and in jammie shorts, and Jake in a helmet like he was prone to falling over.

IMG_2200

Easter Egg hunt at the Colato house.  Throw plastic eggs on the grass and watch the boys run after them and try and hoard them.  Hilarious.

IMG_2204

Hoarding at it’s best.

IMG_2205 IMG_2206 IMG_2207

Now I know where to look when something is missing.

IMG_2208 IMG_2209 IMG_2210

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...