July 16, 2008

Garmin, you suck.

Okay, I really have no navigational skills at all. Like none. Seriously, it's bad. No one understands that I can't find my way around anywhere and I need a co-pilot to point me in the right direction. I have said it before, but I can get lost in my own housing community, so using a stupid navigation system looked like my ticket. Well, ignore the last post about how wonderful the stupid Garmin Navigational system is. That stupid thing lost battery power on my way from Discovery Bay to Novato. Yet, I had it plugged in the whole time so it wouldn't use the stupid battery. But, no, it lost power before I even hit the Hwy 4. It seemed to not recognize that it was plugged in cuz it's stupid. And because I had so much faith in the stupid thing, I didn't even bother to Mapquest the stupid directions because Garmin would tell me. I had to pull over and call Scotty to Mapquest it, tell me the directions over the phone, and then I had to write them down. I didn't even have a pen and had to use lip liner to write. (I didn't tell Scotty that one, though. He would have mocked me FOREVER for not having a pen.) So I finally made it to Novato, with no problems. Oh, yeah, I had no idea I was going over a bridge and I had to make bridge toll from change in my wallet. That one almost got embarrassing. Apparently, they don't take credit cards and none of those toll booth collectors looked at all amused at me when I asked.

4 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

I can't believe you wrote in lip liner....those were some expensive directions! Hopefully you didn't use too much of the liner.

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if the bridges took credit cards.

April said...

See, this is the reason we call ours "The Bitch". Ours doesnt even work off the charger anymore, just batteries and it says it's full and then all the sudden, dead. Sorry you had such a hard time!

The Stiles Family said...

I depend on Kevin for cash...I only carry credit cards...I am sorry it was such a rough trip home. Maybe Scotty needs to buy you a car with built in GPS:)Then you will never be lost again...and have to waste lip liner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...