September 17, 2008
Is your mom home?
Seriously, I don't know what it is...maybe I look like a 7th grader or something, maybe I should be "ecstatic" that I get carded and people think I am way younger than my ID says. But when people come to the door to sell things, everytime I answer the door, they always ask if my mom is home. Do I not look like a responsible adult with a mortgage payment? What is is about me that everyone asks where my mommy is? Scotty just starts laughing and then takes over at the door to kindly shoo them away, all the while knowing that I am gonna get pissed that yet another one asked where my mommy is. No one asks him if his daddy is home. I just don't get it. Scotty said I should just say that I am babysitting the kids and the parents aren't home, and maybe they will get the hint and just walk away. Since I am a pissed off pregnant woman, who by the way is very responsible and pays the bills like an adult, that probably won't be the response those people get....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I get people at work who think I'm too young to work at the winery because they don't think I'm 21. One day we will be happy about this...or so I am told!
Post a Comment