September 14, 2008

You shouldn't be sore tomorrow...

My mom and dad came up this weekend. They said they wanted to visit us, but I think the real reason was my mom needed her hair highlighted, and I was her stylist. But, whatever it takes to get them up here, right? The best part of their visits, is Mom taking me shopping all weekend. We did tons of baby shopping, but it was hard to buy tons of stuff because she won't let me base the sex of our child off of "a feeling" that I have. So, we have to wait until medical intervention confirms my "feeling" so mom can start buying more clothes. After a day of shopping, we ordered in some Italian food, ate in front of the TV, and then played Wii Bowling, which my mom has been dying to do. (She was a bowler back in her day) It was quite funny watching the two of them compete against each other. My mom would mock my dad if she got a strike, and dad would just get mad if the ball turned when he didn't want it to. Normally, when you play, you really don't have to move too much, because it is just an arm swing. Well, Mom the bowler, seriously, started in the kitchen, taking her 4 or 5 steps before her arm swing. She says that is what real bowlers do and that is what she is used to. Once I switched my Dad to a lefty, he started to do alot better and my mom stopped pissing him off. We could have played all night, but it was almost 10:00 and I hadn't seen 10:00 in weeks. It was quite fun, and maybe we can get them to visit more because of the Wii. The, Wii, bringing families together since 2008.


Seriously, how much lower can you go before you "release the ball" It ain't real.


In the background, we are yelling "push A!" "Where's A, why A, I don't know where A is" was the response from Mom. By the third game, she figured out where A was.



My dad mastering the art of lefty bowling

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

YES! You are extremely sore the next day. Especially with boxing...do not attempt to box without stretching first. Don't say I didn't warn you!!

The Stiles Family said...

The Wii is great excercise. Bowling usually kills me the next day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...